Quik’s Farm Ltd. is a wholesale flower grower based in Chilliwack, BC, with over 20 acres of indoor and 20 acres of seasonal outdoor growing space. Quik’s Farm is geared towards the production of cut Chrysanthemums, Oriental Lilies, Alstroemeria, and other seasonal crops utilizing state-of-the-art growing systems and leading-edge technology. We produce high quality products for our diverse customer base throughout Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest.
THE ROLE: GROWER
This position is ideal for an energetic person that wants to learn more about horticulture and advance their career in this industry. This position offers you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fun-loving, and growing team! If you enjoy collaborating with people, working in a fast-paced environment, and smelling the flowers, then this is the job for you!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the nursery industry (floriculture/horticulture) an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Data driven with strong organizational skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the Head Grower with all aspects of growing such as pest control, scouting, irrigation, climate control, and lighting.
- Preparing beds for planting programs and seeding trays for propagation.
- Caring for the mother plants includes cutting, picking, irrigation, weed control, and cleaning of bays.
- Monitoring crops: Assist with the crop walks for scouting of pests, diseases, or viruses, and ensuring optimum yield is achieved, with a preliminary focus in mother stock and propagation.
- Performing spray applications, filling fertilizer recipes, and programing irrigation cycles.
- Ensure and perform proper cleanliness and hygienic measures.
- Help with production, as necessary.
- Learn to use computerized climate control systems.
Salary: $22.00 – $32.00 per hour.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual who works hard, displays a high level of passion, and genuinely cares about their job and co-workers.
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, please email your cover letter explaining why you are right for this role to email@example.com
Download and fill in the form below and upload it with the form below.