Website Quik's Farm
Title: Floral Program Manager – Calgary, Alberta
Quik’s Farm Ltd. is a wholesale cut flower grower and distributor based in Chilliwack, BC, with over 10 acres of indoor growing space and 10 acres of seasonal outdoor production. Established in 1990, Quik’s Farm is geared towards the intense production of cut Chrysanthemums, Oriental Lilies, Alstromeria, and different seasonal crops, utilizing state of the art growing systems and leading edge technology to produce high quality products for our diverse customer base throughout Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest USA.
Currently there is an opening for a Floral Program Manager to be a front end manager for one of our key accounts in the greater Calgary, Alberta area. This position is available on a contract basis and could potentially lead to development of a long term opportunity within our team. We offer competitive wages and benefits based on commitment and value you have to offer to our company. If you enjoy working with people, achieving new goals, and smelling the flowers, then this is the job for you!
- Over-seeing entire cut floral program for retail grocery chain covering approximately 25 stores in greater Calgary area
- Train store staff personnel on proper receiving, presentation, and maintenance of cut floral products
- Manage and record store level shrink together with department staff
- Report on inbound product quality
- Assist department staff with writing orders for twice weekly delivery
- Assist department staff with accurate signage placement throughout department
- Develop marketing initiatives geared towards enhanced visual appeal for consumers and driving overall sales
- Work closely with Account Manager to plan and develop highly marketable products in line with seasonal opportunities and demands
- Create weekly store analysis reports providing feedback on overall cut floral business
- Assist in building sales projections for week to week store sales and high volume floral holiday’s
Anticipated Start Date: June 20, 2018
- Possess strong and effective communication skills
- Effectively identify and prioritize tasks on day to day basis
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills essential to developing lasting relationships with department staff and associates
- Ability to take initiative on challenging assignments
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to identify areas of improvement on existing business processes
- Strong sense of product marketing in a creative and trendy manner
Education: Completion of Grade 12. Post secondary business admin certificate or degree will be considered an asset. Recognised training/education in Communications or Sales & Marketing will be considered an asset.
Work Experience:Past experience as florist, grocery store department staff, or any horti/floriculture related back ground will be considered an asset
Language: Must be fluent in English language.
How to Apply: Please send in your resume with cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent fit for this position to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those deemed qualified for the position will be contacted for interview.